Thursday 21 April 2011

I live for your Gold Squad

I am proud to introduce to you... GOLD SQUAD. So I finally got my first group of wyches painted, based and ready to go. I can tell you one thing about these girls right off the off (never mind the fact that this is my scrub squad where all but the Hekatrix and special weapons are male) is that they take FOREVER to paint. I went through three audio books of the dresdin files in the process of getting this group done and honesty, I feel like I rushed it a bit near the end. But I am very happy with how they have turned out all the same.

First off is my Hecatrix. This is the model I am most proud of. I'm not sure why. She was the last model I painted and therefor everything I learned on the others was able to be incorporated into her paint job. Maybe its the sweet looking weapon I gave her. Honestly the agonizer is my favorite part here. Some changes I'm going to make in the way I do the lighting effect on future incarnations but over all very happy with her.
Next up is the hydra gauntlet bearer. I wanted to make the spikes coming out of her arms look like crystals. While I don't think I nailed that effect close enough for anyone but me (and now you since I just told you) to realize that. For future I'm gonna have to find a better way to paint them up. That being said its not a bad paint job by my standards.











And now I will leave you with the rest of the wyches. Generally I hold the same view for all of them. Not bad, for my usual quality. But definitely room for improvement.



As a reward to all dark eldar generals who made it this far a suggestion on music for your army. Yes music! Having a awesome set of songs that goes will with your army can inspire you to kick ass come game time and renew your desire to get some painting done so you look good next time your kicking ass.
My music suggestion is I live for your pain by Halloween. Seriously its like the lyrics of this song were made for the dark denizens of  Commorragh. Here's a youtube link


See you in the webway

4 comments:

  1. The hydra guantlet wych looks great!
    Nice work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise you that if you give that wych skin a wash of ogryn flesh (GW WASH), your wyches will look fabulous!

    If you have anyquestions then please e-mail me, im happy to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Clive. I'll give that a shot and see how it works out. My only concern with it is ogryn flesh seems to dry a bit darker then Id like the crevices to be. Probably just try it with a lighter hand on the was as it were.

    And thanks for the compliment Samuel. Always nice to know that someone other then myself likes the work I put into them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try giving the skin a wash of Ogryn flesh, and THEN highlight the skin with the origonal colour, this should most definetely work a treat.

    If you try this then please post pics of it.

    I'm glad to help!!

    Clive

    ReplyDelete