Thursday 3 March 2011

Razorwing Jet-fighter Update

So over the last little while I have been exclusively working on my razoring jet-fighter. And I am proud to say I have the thing more or less modeled the way I want. Only thing I have left to do on it is to model up some missiles, magnetize the missiles to act as counters for how many shots I have left. And figure out how to get the fighter to sit on the stand properly without having to glue it on. Unfortunately the jet is a bit ass heavy so its not sitting on those neat ball bearing stands very well. Without further ado here are some pics of my new jet.
The extra wings are held on by some green stuff, some plastic cement and then a layer of super glue along the top edge. The were a bit of a pain to attach but I think it adds to the overall feel of the model. Contrary to what I had posted in the first blog entry I ended up not using the nightspinners as housing for the dark lances and simply attached them straight into the fire prism/night spinner slots on the fire prism tank turret. 
Here is a shot from the back. Originally I wanted to have two separate engines on this thing but I couldn't find a way to attach them and the wings without a lot of extra work I wasn't exactly keen on doing.
For now the rest of this project is on hold till I get the rest of my Dark Eldar army assembled. Main reason being is I actually wanna get some games in with this thing finished or no. Shouldn't take to long to get a coat of paint slapped on this thing as I only need to assemble an archon, 5 incubi, a ravager, and two raiders. Then maybe I can focus on actually getting both my warriors of chaos and dark eldar painted? nah!

No comments:

Post a Comment