Wednesday 16 March 2011

Worlds Worst Wyches!!

So I had a 500 point doubles game tonight down at my friendly local game store and I have to say I have never seen my wyches perform so badly!

It was my dark eldar and a space marine player teamed up against a Necron and Tyranid player. It was a capture and control mission with both objectives being placed on the far right side of the board. Roll on the combat drugs was +1 attack which is always nice, getting 4 attacks on the charge can cause a bit of carnage. We were going second so I deployed my two raiders with the two units of wyches in them to the far left. On my first turn I moved the first raider 12 inches, dropped the wyches and ended up in combat with a group of 10 necron warriors. My wyches even with all their extra attacks kill 1 warrior and take 3 casualties in return. They break and the necrons are able to run them down. For those unfamiliar a D6 + 2 roll beat my D6 + 6 roll!! And just to rub sulfur into the already gaping wyche shaped wound the 1 warrior I killed gets back up.


Second turn rolls around and my other unit of wyches get into combat with a different group of necron warriors sitting on the opponents objective. My wyches attack and kill 2, the necrons kill three wyches in retaliation. My wyches break and are run down by the necrons again!

Third turn wasn't a waste however as the tyranid player out flanked a unit of 23 gaunts right next to our objective. On my turn my hommoculous walked onto the table, pulled out his liquefier gun and proceeded to turn 9 of them into glowing green ooze. Then the unit of space marines sitting on our objective turned around and say "welcome to the rapid fire cafe" and between the two of us we knock the unit down to 5 models left. They break, run towards their table edge and never bother anyone again. My partner also had a lucky shot as he was able to take down the Hive tyrant (I think) with a lucky shot from the storm bolter mounted on his pred tank.

The game ended in a tie, we couldn't take their objective and it seemed like they didn't even try to take ours. They just spent most of the game killing stuff which I suppose is okay. Had I been smart and moved a raider down into contest their objective rather then picking up my haemon we would have won but ce-la-vi.

Over all it was a fun game punctuated by a few first class examples of why I despise playing against children.

See you in the webway!

2 comments:

  1. Its a problem I see with games that have two objectives. People seem to play for a tie instead of risking a loss and going for the win. Id rather lose trying to win then tie by not trying for the win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well in there defense the necron player spent his first two turns dealing with me right next to their objective. And then even after that he had to leave at least one unit behind to hold their objective. And the Tyranid player couldn't safely advance his hive tyrant thanks to the hail of las-cannon fire my partner was laying down plus having his biggest threat (the genestealers) coming in on the wrong side of the board and being useless the rest of the game. Still it just seems to me they could have tried a bit harder for our objective thats all.

    ReplyDelete